The proper application of quality data can greatly increase decision-making confidence. As the world battles COVID-19, data of all types is being collected at an exponential rate and on a scale never seen before. With the right tools to extract, aggregate, and interpret, this data can give unprecedented insight into our weaknesses and identify courses of action for improvement.
- If I am in the public sector… Have my systems and network held up to the tremendous surge of activity from employees and contractors who are Working / Learning From Home (WLFH)?
- If I am in the insurance industry… How should I adjust auto rates now that my customers are driving less?
- If I am in the natural sciences industry… What are the environmental impacts of less vehicles on the road?
- If I am in the financial and banking industries… Will I see an increase in demand on savings deposits or other savings options due to job market changes?
- If I am in the oil and gas industry… How will supply and demand change with less people at the pump? What will an increased supply mean to my pricing and profits?
- If I am in the energy industry… Will greater WLFH numbers mean that the need to heat and cool homes will significantly increase?
- If I am in the healthcare industry… Are those WLFH exercising more and eating healthier, or are they becoming more inactive? What impact will this have on the number of people we can serve, and how, in a virtual environment?
- If I am in the education industry… How can I convert my investment in brick-and-mortar facilities to support expanded data center operations and secure my network accordingly so students can continue e-learning and remote classwork?
Today, many planning managers are (and will continue) taking a much closer look at the WLFH dynamic. With the ever-present pressure to continue reducing expenses while maintaining productivity Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and Service Level Agreements (SLAs), major questions need to be answered, such as: “Will my occupancy rate at our facilities increase this year, and in coming years?” ”Can we potentially eliminate the expense for 25,000 square feet of space if we continue to allow employees to WLFH?” “Will our employees/students be as productive if they are allowed to continue WLFH, and will I be able to effectively track this productivity?”
At CSCI, we believe it’s time to stop relying on ‘gut feel’ judgement and embrace the use of data to answer all these questions and more. Our partner Splunk’s Data-to-Everything Platform is designed for this exact purpose, helping customers gain valuable insights and make sense of massive amounts of real-time data (that most likely would never appear in your data warehouse). Let us show you how Splunk software can support your decision-making at this crucial juncture and position your business for future growth.